Wednesday, June 12, 2013

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

Happy Wednesday! I found out about this lovely linky party to share your WIPs, and am excited to jump on board :). Here are a few of my current projects:


This is a pillow-turned-wallhanging. I like designing my own quilt blocks,even though I'm fairly new to quilting, and this one was going to be a decorative pillow for my grandma, but it ended up accidentally being several inches larger than planned, and so now it's a cheerful wall hanging waiting to be quilted.



This is my favorite WIP, not going to lie about it! I made an 8-bit styled quilt of BMO from the show Adventure Time. It looks small in the picture but its a good size lap quilt, around 45" by 80".




Everyone, I've caught Dresden Fever!! This is my first ever Dresden anything; I made it using fabrics from a yummy fat quarter bundle my lovely mom gifted me, and I do believe I'm going to give it pride on place in my room once I've quilted over all those pesky blue lines.



Hopefully these will all be done sometimes this week, and I can get started on more creative adventures!
Again, happy Wednesday, and thank you in advance to everyone who takes the time to comment on my post :)

Keep Creating!

--Kayla

7 comments:

  1. cant wait to see your wallhanging finished hun, totally in love with the colors, and I love this sort of log cabin block you did

    ReplyDelete
  2. nerd! I heart you already! Thanks for stopping by theboredzombie.com. I've added you to my feeds to see what you do next!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww,thanks so much! It's so exciting to find creative people like you online, it seriously inspires me :)

      Delete
  3. Your dresden is just lovely, those colors are so luscious. Are you going to hand quilt it or machine?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh DEAR ME. I could never ever hand quilt anything. I would hate it xp, I do not have the patience for it. That's my dramatic way of saying I'm going to machine quilt it lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your Dresden, my favourite block!

    ReplyDelete