Thursday, June 6, 2013

First Post!

Hi there! Welcome to my brand-spanking-new blog! I'm aiming for two new posts per week right now,though hopefully that will expand in the future. Today I wanted to share some of my current projects. 





This was going to be the front of a pillow. I designed it myself, however, and because of the way I pieced it together it ended up being several inches too big for a pillow. I am in LOVE with the design though and can't bear to lose these lovely fabrics so I am going to turn it into a wall hanging.








This funny shape is a particular quilting block called a Dresden Plate. There are several options with Dresdens, as you can make the ends point,rounded or flat and can layer multiple Dresdens in different sizes to customize the look of your project. My mom gifted me this lovely fabric not too long ago and I decided to utilize it in my very first dresden plate,which will be turned into a wall hanging! The blue lines you see are my plan for where to quilt it once I am ready.


Personally, I count my current hair color as an artistic project ;). This picture is from my very first Anime convention, Knightrokon . You should click through and check it out if you like Anime/conventions. It was $15 for a weekend pass because this is only the second year that UCF's Anime Spot has held it. It was great though and I plan on making another post dedicated to all of its inspirational awesomeness. 




Keep Creating!

--Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment